penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
05 May 2010
A Scene Can Invoke a Sound.
That's what I definitely feel like lately. It has been a very busy couple of weeks. Lots to mention, including the loss of our community in the passing of a very notable local character. Out of respect, I won't disclose any details, but know that there was a community wide shock and sadness and I spent some time last week participating in some activities in honor of his memory.

Mulberry'sBar4
Mulberry'sBar1

One of the events was held at my most frequented place in town, aside from my workplace, Mulberry's Wine and Cheese Bar on Main Street. While I was there with Jonathon (he works there as the panini chef)helping set up, Sandra needed some photos taken of the bar for a spot in a Western magazine. Luckily I brought my camera, as I always do, and I got to take the photos. I know it's not a huge thing but I am super stoked to see my photos in print, however unprofessional they might appear.
I am also working on some signs for categorizing the wine. Sandra, Mulberry's creator and owner, had the brilliant idea to categorize the wine by regions and countries and gave me a stack of wine crate boards, a list, and told me to get to work. So much going on and coming up, I don't want to bore you. You'll hear about it all as it happens. PLUS! I am hoping we get to go on a river trip this weekend...sunday? Laura, if you're reading this, we'd like for you and James to go if available! Let me know.

30APR1MAY10bwd
30APR1MAY10dwd

Anywhoooooo....I went off on a tangent. As you have probably noticed I have been taking a lot of photos lately. I find it very calming to venture off and get lost in clicking around life and so have been allowing myself some time with Dolly, the camera, and nothing else. I really want to get to know it.
I don't have a tripod yet, so I have really been focusing a lot on my control when shooting in low lighting situations.

30APR1MAY10awd
30APR1MAY10cwd

This really conveys to me a very quiet moment. And it was. There was the light. Me. And the stillness. I still feel that when I look at these.

30APR1MAY10efivebyfivewd

At this point I was crouched on top of my desk, balancing myself up high enough to swoop in on this beauty. This was the remnant of one of the bouquets Jonathon had gotten me. I like to dry them all and this one seemed to have quite a presence. I just love the textures!

Alrighty, I'm off to bed. Thanks for stoppin' in and keepin' in touch. I have been meaning to ask all of y'all what your favorite part of spring is. I'm curious. Leave me a message and let me know what you're enjoying most and what you're looking forward to! Much love well-wishing!
Ciao for now.
Renea Hanna.
Penny Threads. Penny Pictures.
6 Comments:
Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
Hi Renea!
So sorry for your community, you all sound like a tight nit group, that must be nice, I would love to live in a town like that. Down here it feels like everyone just looks out for their own back.
I thought those photos looked quite professional, in fact, when I first saw them I thought you might be shooting for an ad or magazine, yay! I'm excited for you!!
I'm loving all of those up close flower photos. It feels like a series, they all have a certain soft quality to them. I have to much to learn, I would love to be as good as you!
Have fun with all your busy-ness, especially the river trip!
My favorite part of spring is the feeling in the air. It's cool and not quite humid, it's so pleasant! Summer is here now so I am really missing spring :)

Blogger Katelyn said...
I am so sorry for the loss. I hope your community can heal.

I too thought the photos were for an ad when I saw them. Way to go! That is so awesome you will be put in print!

I think my favorite part of spring is when we walk outside and smell honeysuckle instantly. I am in heaven then!

Love to you chica!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh Renea, I'm sorry for your community's loss. I hope all this events bring you all closer and that you can pass this bitter moment soon.
All your pictures are awesome. You already know that, I've told you a thousand times :) but they really are, and like Laura said on Fb, you're well on your way to be a professional photographer.
Much love and a big comforting hug!!

Blogger Roots and Feathers said...
hi love. thanks for the invite on sunday! i cant get my tattoo in the river or in the sun!!! we picked a hell of a time to get tattoos! in a few weeks though i can, i guess if i wore a tee shirt and stayed above waist, lol! when i saw the pics you took of the wine bar, i was instantly impressed, and i thought sandra could use them for advertising, so im so happy to hear that is what they are for! congrats on that, too cool! and the little wine tags sound perfect! are you doing sketches?

i miss spring right now, it is sooo hot outside!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Renea!!! On another note, I have an award waiting for you in my blog!!
A big hug,
Ana

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Such pretty pictures!!!! -Katie

Post a Comment