penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
29 April 2010
What I've been up to...(Pt. 2)
...is a lot of down time with friends and family. Like I mentioned in the last entry...I am going through some creative dead time...not sure exactly what's wrong but I'm kind of just laying low and enjoying the people around me hoping that it returns soon. I have had the urge to start writing again, however that's a different story for a different time. I have a poem beginning to crawl from the depths of my head-vault and I am trying not to be anxious for it to take form. They scare easily you know. *wink*

20APR10wwwd

So as I said...downtime. This past week Jonathon and I got to spend some time along together on his family's ranch while they were in Houston for the circus. It was really needed and I enjoyed being with him one on one. Not that I don't enjoy everyone else, however, when you're in love with someone...one on one time just brings you that much closer. I feel more myself when it's just him and I.

20APR10fwd

I love him so much. I don't express it in the most convincing ways sometimes...but I really do. We've been together almost two years now and I can't imagine anyone else being in his place.
Awesomely enough, the weather was absolutely gorgeous during out days together and one day in particular we spent outside a lot.

20APR10xxwd

We went for a walk to the back pond that had filled up with water after having been bone dry for about two years and played a little fetch with Pachuca, Jen's lab. She's obsessed with fetch...and as Laura would say, that is an understatement. I love this pic...looks like both Jonathon and Pachuca are waiting for me to pick up the ball and throw it. LOL!

20APR10yywd

After our walk we headed back to the cabin and I had the urge to be out on the tank in the paddle boat. It felt like a great day for being out on the water. Jonathon and I emptied the rainwater that had filled the paddleboat and then shoved off.

20APR10zzwd

zwd

After pushing off and drifting away from the shore we soon discovered that we had no steering capabilities and just went in circles. Upon closer examination Jonathon discovered that the rudder was not attached! Oh no! So through a series of paddling forward in a semicircle, drifting and paddling backwards in a semicircle we got close enough to shore for Jonathon to pull us back in and try to reattach the rudder.

20APR10ywd

We got it back on, however, when we shoved off again it dug into the mud and got stuck. We decided that it was pointless and having discovered that through a little patience and maneuvering we could get back to shore just fine we decided that paddling in lazy drifty circles around the water was better than giving up and not enjoying the water at all. So we threw our misgivings to the wind and drifted on.

20APR10xwd

We drank a couple beers and enjoyed the view, relaxed and trailed our feet in the water. Pachuca was stuck on shore and was pacing the perimeter of the tank, thinking, "You guys! I want to go too!" At one point it looked as if she was going to swim out to us! Silly puppy.

20APR10silhouettewd

I have been toying around with reflective surfaces as well and really liked the way this one came out. I hope to be utilizing some more reflective sufaces soon such as chrome on vehicles and windows. I also have some ideas with mirrors as well. Anyone else have any reflective surfaces I should play with?

20APR10cwd

20APR10dwd

When we finally headed back to shore (because we ran out of beer, should have brought more out there) Jonathon played a bit of fetch with the crazed and left out Pachuca while I snapped some photos.

20APR10acropwd

20APR10gwd

20APR10wwd

20APR10iwd

Spring is obviously still in full bloom here as you can see. I am enjoying all of the colors and vibrancy. I will shoot it while it's here because soon enough it will be too hot to be out for long and then it will be fall. Looking forward to some great summer adventures though it looks like the beach is out of the question due to that horrendously horrible oil leak happening in the Gulf of Mexico right now. Such a thing just breaks my heart and it's moments like that when you wonder how much longer you'll be able to enjoy the beauty of this earth if we keep up the way we are. My heart is heavy with that this week.

20APR10bwd

The time we got to spend together this past week was amazing and fun filled and intimate at times. I could definitely feel my love for him deepen and it was a reminder to me to enjoy his company more than I have been. Every day is a gift and nothing is guaranteed. If you love something...well by golly, make time for it and cherish it while you have it!

Ciao for now you wonderful people. I hope all is well with you and yours and if it's not, I hope that it will be soon and that you can have the foresight to see the sun will rise again and things will get better.
Much love and well-wishing.

Renea Hanna.
Penny Threads.
Penny Pictures.

P.S. I am also having a sale in my Photography shop Penny Pictures! Buy one print and get another of your choice for free! Go check it out and show some love. ;D
5 Comments:
Blogger Katelyn said...
Renea, you make me so incredibly happy. Your creative energy will come back. Best not to force anything and to just go with the flow. The oil leak has me really bummed as well. Just another reminder of how much we mistreat our world. This entire post is wonderful and the photos are just gorgeous. Love it all and love to you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh Renea!! I think it's common that you're not really creative now. It's just your brain and body asking for a break from your regular routine. But it'll pass for sure.
Oh about that thing you're worried about, the earth thing, I posted something that I really care about here: http://thecircuslady.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-need-help-everyone.html
And I need your opinion with that too. No one has really said anything about it, but it would be great if you could!
A big hug!!
Ana

Blogger Roots and Feathers said...
renea, you know exactly what you would tell me about these down times. so i know i dont even need to tell you! im glad you are allowing yourself this time and not worrying about whats not getting done. the time will come. im feeling the same way this week. i think i burned myself into the ground from going at the speed i have the past few months. i have spent the past 4 days just spacing out and chilling. not worrying about selling or orders or anything! just going with the flow. hopefully we will be chilling together in the next few days. well take some pics while the boys skate. i would love to see you writing again. you have such a way with it like no other.

Blogger Mandy Ferrugia said...
I think its great that you guys got to spend some alone time together and not have to worry about anything else. I love that last picture of you two. very cutee!

Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
I must admit, I do miss your "voice" here on blogger, but it's totally for selfish reasons! I'm so glad you are getting some down time, I think you will recharge and be back soon enough :) I think close time with your other half is so important, your time together looked amazing.
And I just LOVE your photos. The one in the lake is so beautiful. As are you! Lots of love to you!

Post a Comment