penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
26 April 2010
What I've been up to...
...is a lot of down time with friends and family. Every now and then I need to take a step back and recharge. Sometimes I have to wait for the storm to pass and for my drive to return. So here it is in photos, because that was the one creative avenue I felt at ease with...

20APR10BetsyHeadwrap

Modeled the awesome head wrap that Betsy of O Bella Naturals sent me for my birthday. I just love it and you'll see it in some later photos on an adventure with my lil' sister.

17APR10fwd
17APR10gwd

I spent some time at my mum's house and got some great shots of her Clematis Vine that's making it's way up the patio trellis'.

20APR10vwd

I am also toying around with the idea of abstract macro shots of things found in nature, like the one here of this dandelion. I really like the way the black and white interact without needing the explanation that it is a tangible item. It is just there, this little piece of interest, asking to be noticed.

My younger sister, Miriam, and I decided to go on a little photo walk and see what we found.

20APR10swd
20APR10rwd

She's so pretty and she doesn't even know it. Silly girl. It's a pretty cool thing to be able to admire a younger sibling. She's pretty amazing and I'm sure those of you that know her will agree.

20APR10owd
20APR10pwd
20APR10qwd

The sun was setting as we were walking and it provided some really great photo opportunities. The past couple of weeks I have really enjoyed experimenting with lighting and how to manipulate it with the camera. It's been challenging and so much fun! Most of the time the sun in my lens inverses everything and it's impossible to tell what the photo will look like until I view it afterward. I just love the unpredictability of that!

20APR10uwd

We came across a tree that had long fallen in the lake and decided to venture out onto it. I sent the little sister first. She's expendable. Hehe. Totally kidding.

20APR10twd

I then left Dolly (my camera) in her capable hands and ventured out myself. It was fun and my bare feet felt really good on the trunk. That sort of connection really helps when you feel sapped and uninspired. It does for me, anyway.

20APR10nwd
20APR10kwd20APR10jwd

The lake on our family's ranch is just gorgeous right now. It is full and bustling from the recent rains we've had. I grew up swimming in this place. My brother and I and our cousins would all venture down there with floaties and flipflops and towels (unsupervised, the best part) and spend the whole day there only going home because of the growling in our guts.

20APR10mwd

It really felt good to get back to the roots and stomping ground and soak up some of the amazing energy and life out there. It's a quiet place with lots of beauty to enjoy. My studio is actually located on the same property so that world of possibility is right out the door, be it for the better or for distraction. ;)

I will be posting more of the past week so stay tuned. I am off to bed now. Darn that 8 am doctor's appointment.
Y'all have a good evening and sweet sleep when you do drift off.
Ciao for now.
Renea Hanna.

P.S. Right now until Midnight on May 2nd I am running a BUY ONE GET ONE sale on my Penny Pictures Etsy site! Go take a peek...a lot of the ones you see here are there for sale and if they're not, just ask. Ciao!
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I adore all your pictures. You have such a good eye.
And yes your little sister is so so gorgeous!!
That place in your family's ranch is just amazing. I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to grow up there :) I grew up in the city, even though me and all my family have a big love for the nature. My momma is a biologist :D
A big hug and an awesome week full of blessings!!
Ana

Blogger Katelyn said...
Glad to see you back. I understand needing a break very much. Your photos are gorgeous and you and your little sister are adorable.

Blogger Roots and Feathers said...
just in the short time you have had dolly, i have seen a huge growth spirt in your photography, cant wait to see all that you do with it. miriam is beautiful, i wish she knew that. we should get everyone together for a playdate in the water there sometime this summer!

Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
You look beautiful as always! And you sister is just so cute! Your photography shop looks amazing. I was browsing through it tonight and couldn't even narrow my favorites down to 5. Looking forward to making a purchase and having your beautiful prints on my wall! I hope you are feelings rejuvenated and refreshed :)

Post a Comment