penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
14 March 2010
Some promising inspirations...
...and the sky is the limit. I went shopping this past Friday to pick up some fabrics and such. I want to be fully stocked when my studio is completed so that I can get right to work on a bunch of new ideas I have.


I am very excited about each and every one of these fabric designs. Hopefully I will get to post the finished product of their wonderfulness sometime in the next week or so. No promises, but I am hoping.

I also got in my button order that I placed earlier this week. Such lovely and exciting possibilities with so many wonderful colors. I am sooooo excited! I wasn't sure about these when I ordered them...but the selections and diversity I got are exactly what I was hoping for.

And of course I looked super cute. This whole outfit cost less then $15. I am thrifty with the best of them. Don't you doubt it. ;)
Blouse: $3
Skirt: $3
Tights: $.50
Shoes: $3.50
Bracelet: $1
How do I do this? I haunt clearance racks and dollar stores and make a weekly visit to the thrift store. Finding ridiculously cute stuff at a ridiculously low price is one of my guilty pleasures.

Jonathon bought me this adorable bird paper cutter. He said he thought I "could use it on my Happy Mail stuff". I love him so! I have many ideas involving this little apparatus already! Some involving his intended purpose...but many BEYOND that. Can't wait.

I already played around with an idea involving the little paper bird cut-outs and messed it around in Photoshop for a bit. Can't wait to do more.

So while I was outside shooting photos for the blog I was lucky enough to capture a shot of one of the two woodpeckers that knock-knock-knock the trees surrounding the house. Too cool.
Well. That's all I have for tonight. I am off from my day job for the next two days so I am looking forward to having a good chunk of time to be crafty...much like a fox. Maybe I'll just be foxy. We shall see.
Ciao for now.
Get outside and go have some fun!
Renea Hanna
Penny Threads.
P.S. If you just CAN'T get enough of me, stalk me here:
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
12 Comments:
Blogger Stephanie said...
I think its so cute that your honey thought about your happy mail! Thats adorable! And he did a good job, im jealous of the bird punch :)

Blogger Katelyn said...
That outfit is amazing and can't believe you got it for so cheap. I need to search more.
Can't wait to see what is in store for all those beautiful buttons and fabrics and the adorable bird punch. LOVE it all!

Blogger Unknown said...
Aw those buttons are so fun. I love buttons! Your outfit is so cute! Tights for .50 cents?! I need to get better at thrifting. My husband is not a very good thrifting partner.

Blogger Roots and Feathers said...
yay, im so glad you took a picture of you in this outfit. when we bumped into you the other day i was so taken with how you looked, i kept telling james after we left, 'didnt she look so pretty'. i LOVE the fabrics you got! adorable. i want to know what you are making!!! i got some colorful buttons that day at walmart too! so fun! we need to play and sew together this spring, okay?!

xoxo!

Blogger S and O said...
those fabrics are so pretty...love your skirt!!! :D

xoxo
Olivia

Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
I just love those fabrics, I can't wait to see what you do with them. Awesome choice on the buttons! So many pretty colors, they look really versatile!
You are SO rocking that outfit, I love it!!
And the picture of the bird is beautiful, I've seen so many uncommon birds around here and by the time I run back inside to get the camera they have vanished, so very awesome picture.
I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of penny pictures!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It's so fun to go shopping for fabric! You must be having even more fun using it...
And you look beautiful in that outfit Renea, you should post pictures of yourself more often! I love your style!
A big hug, Ana

Blogger Unknown said...
I Love the outfit, it reminds me a little of Joanie Holloway in Madmen.

Blogger Sarah Esther said...
woot woot for thrift sotres!!! ours has a weekly 1/2 price monday sale... and a line to get in :)

Blogger Danielle Dadamo said...
Want to let you know that I gave you an award on my new blog: http://itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com/2010/03/first-award-happiness-award.html

Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...
isn't getting new buttons so much fun?! you will have to share pics of your new studio space!

Blogger LINDSAY said...
I love the sound of a woodpecker in my backyard! Great photo!

Post a Comment