penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
09 March 2010
I spend my nights...
Fridays I usually go to the local wine bar here in town, Mulberry's Wine & Cheese Bar. My boyfriend works as the cook there and he likes it if show up and hang there to keep him company when he takes his breaks. Though, I get to drink wine too, so that's another reason I make Friday evenings my wine day. It's quite a beautiful place to relax and sip on a glass of wine, nibble at some cheese and bread and grapes or have a full on meal with their fantastic selection of paninis. I played around with my camera a little bit here and I am pleased with how I'm learning to handle this little apparatus.

This is a skewed perspective shot of a bottle of Salmon Creek White Zinfandel.

This is a pretty popular wine, however not one that I drink. I drink White Zin when I'm looking for something cheap to drink at home. This one is quite good but there are many more whites and reds that I prefer to drink and pay for.
I am quite enamored with the women's restroom there and I snapped these two lovely photos below in there. I am quite excited with the way they turned out and they will be in my new Etsy Photo Shop as well.

If you like them keep your eye out for my new shop anouncement coming soon! I hope to have my photo shop on Etsy up and running by April. Please feel free to give me some positive criticism as I'm really new to this photography thing. ;) I'd love that!

Alright. That's all for tonight. I took some more photos today but I am finding that I am running a few days behind on editing them. Now I know what the JenJen must go through when she does her 365 on LiveJournal. Though minor comparatively I'm sure.
Ciao for now you lovely faces!
Renea Hanna
Penny Threads.
10 Comments:
Blogger Jessica said...
i love that last picture! the green color is lovely.

Blogger Jamie said...
Love the pictures, Renea!!!! Gorgeous!

Blogger Roots and Feathers said...
i love the photo of the chandelier, great shot! cant wait to see them all. and i love that green tin, wow!

Blogger penny threads. said...
thank you all so much! that chandelier has always captivated me and if i could smuggle it out of there...i would have already. lol!
that green one is actually glass. it is the window in the women's restroom. i am actually thinking of offering that as a digital download for desktops and wallpaper. what do you think? would it be good for that?

Blogger Mandy Ferrugia said...
okay, I definitely want to spend a Friday with you. it sounds so lovely! and those pictures are absolutely beautiful. that chandelier is so pretty!

Blogger penny threads. said...
come on over miss indie! we will split a cheese board and drink some wine. i'd LOVE for all of you to join me one day. ;) thank you!

Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
Awesome photos, the chandelier shot... wow!! I am excited for your opening your photography shop, can't wait to see it all come together!! Your Fridays sound so relaxing :)

Blogger A Wanderers Soul said...
I need tips on taking indoor photos!! especially in this lighting. I'm getting pretty at outdoor, but really have yet to explore indoor because i'm not sure which setting to put it on. care to share any tips??

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey!! I think you're getting good at photography :) I dunno much about it myself but I can recognize something pretty when I see it!
Have a lovely day Renea!!
A big hug,
Ana

Blogger penny threads. said...
thank you Betsy! you will be one of the first to know when my shop opens. and yes, my fridays are about fun. i have to allow myself one for fun day a week so that i don't go crazy! :) wish you could join me one of those times. move to TEXAS! :D
Thank you Ana. I feel like I'm making a lot of progress but when it comes to the technical success of my photos i have no clue. i guess i should leave it as any art form and say that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. THANK YOU! i'm glad you like them. i'm pretty fond myself. :)

Post a Comment