penny threads.
beautiful ideas. beautiful things.
11 February 2010
A great one bites the dust...
For many years I never admitted my LOVE and fascination with fashion but I always bought InStyle and Vogue and secreted them away to my room to stare at all of the lovely clothes and designs and such. And even then, when I was a closeted fashionista, I adored the designs and outright GUTS of one designer...Mr. Alexander McQueen.

telegraph.co.uk



fashion-ation.net



freshnessmag.com


He died today. According to authorities it was at his own hand. His death comes less than two weeks after the death of his mother, who was a HUGE part of his life and support. I can't imagine the pain that he must have felt to drive him to that. He will be greatly missed in the fashion world. He truly was a one of a kind. There will be no other like him. *sigh*

Ciao for now, you lovely people.
I hope all is well on your side of the world.
Renea Hanna
Penny Threads.
2 Comments:
Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...
thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and your sweet comment.
I am blessed and I try not to take him for granted:)

By the way, I love the name of your blog! And I agree...we lost a genius mind in the fashion world!

Blogger penny threads. said...
thank you for stopping by! penny threads actually started out as my etsy shop name and it has been with me for a long time. it only made sense that my blog bear that name as well. :D thank you!

Post a Comment